Translate

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Shopify

Shopify...wow. I spent like the entire day navigating the site and trying to get familiar with it and clicking on this and that and the other and the site is still not live. Not a very user friendly interface, and what's worse I was on a DELL laptop with a shitty mouse and an even worse track pad. I fell down a rabbit hole of clicking on links that generally started with the words, "learn how (something) works" and then I'd have to double back through many an open window to where I was at and what I was doing before clicking on a link that seemed to have some bearing on what I was currently trying to accomplish, but fifty percent of the time it was a digressive course. I did find out that I can sell on Pinterest by linking Pinterest to Shopify, and so when I post a new item for sale on Shopify, it will post to Pinterest as a product available for purchase with a single click. However, in order to do this I had to create a Pinterest Business account, and Pinterest seems to think DeniseDoesCouture is too long so now my URL is DeniseDoesCoutu or something. 

Rabbit holes aren't entirely terrible though. I learned what a sole proprietor is and that you don't have to pay business tax for yourself, only your employees.

The battery on my MacBook has been dead for a while now. 

I have to manually input every item in my inventory. How tedious. But on the plus side, I can be more selective about what goes into my shop. 

Tomorrow I'll add my inventory. 

And then the fun part..modifying the template I've chosen with a color scheme I find appealing. There's a lot of tools and options and windows and links...and God be damned if they're going to let you click on your avatar and just change it! No. It's going to be much more complicated than that.  

I just want to add a banner and an avatar for branding purposes. But I couldn't find those options today. Maybe tomorrow I'll see them hiding in plain sight. 

Bitches better have my money. 


No comments:

Post a Comment