Translate

Monday, June 8, 2015

Okay, so I've made some molds here, which have been curing for a couple of weeks. I have no doubt I can cast my resin in here, but I'm not so sure that these molds will be reusable, as they are not very flexible. The method I used was cornstarch and silicone ii, I covered my hands with a small amount of Vaseline to prevent the silicone + cornstarch mix from sticking, and I used an old credit card to fold it all over again and again until I could work with it by hand. At which point, I applied the Vaseline to my hands. I did not add anything else to this mixture, and my molds cured, but I can see they are not flexible. Before pressing the pieces I wished to make molds of into my putty mixture, I coated them with baby oil. Here are the molds: 

 

I will be using my favorite resin, which I prefer for it's 1:1 ratio and odorlessness... 

 
I will be mixing this acrylic paint called "Painted Desert", which is a soft pink shade, into my resin prior to casting. 



My resin should cure in 72 hours, and then I will show off the results here. Pray for my silicone molds ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment