Translate

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Yesterday was a good day for me!

First, I received signed copies of The Snow Garden and Light Before Day by Christopher Rice, which I won whilst listening to The Dinner Party Show, his and Eric Shaw Quinn's Sunday night internet radio show. Dinner Party Show bookmarks included  :D



A few hours later, I sold my first Original Art Painting ever! Additionally, I was commissioned to paint another painting for my client (and friend). I usually don't like guests showing up unannounced, I hate it actually because I'm borderline agoraphobic, but I guess if it's an unannounced visit to buy art from me, I'll allow it. And she's commissioned my novice sewing services for tonight, for a Halloween costume. I warned her not to expect too much from me as far as my seamstress skills are concerned, but she's still on board. Here's a photo of the first painting I've *ever* sold: 


In other news, this morning I paid to promote the listings in my Etsy shop. I've never paid to promote, so I budgeted myself at one dollar per day, until further notice. I don't see much of a difference in my stats or favorited items yet, but I'm going to give it at least a couple of weeks. I could pick and choose which listings I want to get more visibility, but I'm just letting Etsy take the helm. I assume they probably have a good idea what to promote and when, depending on the demands they receive on a day to day basis from buyers. 

Back to work I go. I'm enjoying a crafternoon today. Expanding my shop inventory. If I build it, they will come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment