Translate

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Greater Los Angeles Area Heatwave

As you may or may not be aware of, the greater Los Angeles area has been the victim of a series of heatwaves. Yesterday it was over 100 degrees! 

Lately I've been going through my fabrics and combing through my closet for clothing to tear apart for fabric to make new creations with. I've sewn a lot of nice fabric fashion scarves, made black lace short shorts, and most recently, last night actually, using a kid's Lady Bug Halloween costume that was donated to me by an acquaintance, this large handfan:


This was made by deconstructing the lady bug wings from the Halloween costume and hand sewing the areas I wanted to secure together. It's not done yet but it should be soon. I'm still brainstorming how to make a handle for it. There are a variety of ways I can make the handle, but I don't want to ruin the overall aesthetic. It needs to not only match and/or complement the current design, but it needs to be functional as well. As for the rest of the lady bug Halloween costume, I will be making a scarf using the red velvet lady bug fabric! 

In any case, I have a large handfan to keep me cool for the hot day ahead. Take that, heatwave! 

No comments:

Post a Comment