Translate

Saturday, May 2, 2015


Crushed Flowers... I don't know what I will use them for yet, but I felt like crushing some flowers, so I did.


A new handmade fabric hair flower barrette...made by yours truly, of course.


A picture of me modeling my personal pair of blue glitter button earrings. There are more available in my Etsy shop, and matching blue glitter button rings, too. 


My precious jewels 💕


Business Cards in progress...


A personal throw pillow for my living space. I'm super happy I got my sewing machine up and running, though I do have a lot of trouble shooting to do like, every single effing time I use it. Hopefully soon I can afford a better quality machine. I enjoy deconstructing, problem solving, and finding atypical solutions to things, but playing MacGuyver consumes time I could be using towards things I love even more. I love this pillow. Really happy with how it turned out. I'm always on a mission to make my living space a creative and inspiring place. The little things can make a huge difference. 



Remember this acrylic painting of my cat Luka I was working on?


It turned into this, and I love it..! Cthulhu Cat FTW


There's another painting I did of Luka...I can't download it right now, (Thanks a lot CLOUD - I don't even know how that works entirely and I don't think anyone else really does either) but I'll post a pic of the painting as soon as I can. I can't wait to share it! 

.....

Paper mâché wings which will be the base of my Halloween costume this year, unless I decide on another costume idea. 


I've also considered making a paper mâché decorative dress form, and attaching the wings to it. I need a dress form to photograph my scarves and cowls for my Etsy shop, because otherwise it looks kind of ghetto. Also, a paper mâché sculpture with faery wings would be pretty awesome in my living space.


This is a paper mâché wall hanging I learned how to do from a YouTube video. I adore it! I'm currently making one for my mother and my boyfriend's mother for Mother's Day. 

I'm also in the process of making other paper mâché wall decor...a cat, a bird, a bow ribbon, a large decorative bowl (not to be hung on the wall) and a star. These are all drying from their latest paper mâché layer, and I look forward to showing them all off once their finished. But here's my first effort at a paper mâché wall hanging, and I dare say I'm getting so much better at working with my hands and at figuring out cool techniques to get different results.



One final thing. I found this magnetic paint in the clearance section of Michael's Arts and Crafts. Yay!! Time to play, and paper mâché!



No comments:

Post a Comment