Translate

Saturday, January 1, 2011

a sewing machine of my own!

I set up my new sewing machine today. I haven't threaded my own sewing machine and bobbin since I was a teenager, though I usually did it wrong back then and majorly screwed everything up. I feel accomplished. 

I had been going over to my friend's place for our arts & crafts nights (also an Etsy user: www.etsy.com/shop/stuch) and seeing her using her sewing machine sparked something in me. I eventually got her to let me use it (though she didn't mind of course):


...and I was terribly delighted. I asked for a similar model for Christmas, and I got it. I got the Singer Esteem II. It's a start.


So....today I watched the instructional DVD, read some of the handbook, and I got it set up and ready to go. Just now I was sewing for about five minutes and my bobbin thread tangled and pulled the thread from the needle down into the bobbin pit. Argh. This is not good for my esteem, "Esteem". 

That's fine. I wont be discouraged. 

Back to the handbook we go...



No comments:

Post a Comment