Translate

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

12.28.2010

In an attempt to not overwhelm my LiveJournal friends with post after post of things related to arts & crafts, I've decided to create this public journal, with the intention of using it for discussing my arts & crafts projects. A few months ago I completed a wall-mountable art decor mirror. It's too heavy to sell on my Etsy and thus have to ship, so I'm hanging onto it for an upcoming craft fair. I don't mind. I kind of dig it, but something about it seems really dark to me as well. It's impossible to photograph; there is no justice here:





I recently got a sewing machine and I'm pretty excited about it. I have a vintage Oscar De La Renta sewing pattern for a skirt suit, which is way too formal for my current place of employment so I'll probably not get to wear it anytime soon, but this wont stop me from sewing it up. Other sewing projects I'm planning on are a quilted throw blanket, and a decorative 12x12 inch pillow with the fabric from a vintage Popeye and Olive Oil sweater from when I was a tot in the 1980's.
I am currently in the process of knitting two scarves, which must be completed before I will allow myself to move on to my next project, which would be one of the above mentioned sewing ideas. That's enough of an introduction for now, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment